Friday, October 12, 2007

Just a Random Post

Fyre and I were on Derick Darklight and Hex Raven a couple days ago (before Mas joined us on Idaho). We zoned into the Hollows and staring us in the face, wearing a black trenchcoat, was a character named "Styrm". I blinked, and the character leaped past us and headed into Atlas Park.

Well, really the character's name was "Stryn" (I'm glad Fyre's eyes focused faster than mine), but still: it caused quite a double-take. My villains that I create for my table-top games do have a way of intruding on me while they're being played, but Styrm does seem to enjoy popping up and saying "boo" once in a while.

My focus lately has been on Will (both Cpt. William Piett and Captain Peterson) and on Derick.

I really want to get HeroWill up to epic levels so I can get him a rocket launcher out of the Munitions Mastery pool. I know it's quite a ways off, but I can't wait. I want to get Piett up to 40 so we can get to some new missions, specifically ones I haven't done before. I've heard all the complaints about Grandville, but I've only been there twice, and both times it was just 'Ware Wolf running around Hidden so I could see the place. Will's RP has been a lot of fun and very interesting for me. I'm not entirely sure where he's headed. I'm just kinda playing with it as it goes for now.

Derick is doing the same old missions I've done hundreds of times (or so it seems), but I like his story, and as fun as it was to play the semi-newbie with Will, Derick is a Paragon citizen who's suddenly found himself one of the heroes. Total newbie! On top of that, his regular partners are even greener than he is, both Raven and Idaho barely knowing their own origins and having been conscious for maybe a month now each. It makes me laugh to imagine these three bumbling a little, and it just makes my jaw drop when I really read some of the things your contacts expect you to do. Defuse a bomb, deactivate a portal, retrieve a cursed artifact... "Wow," Derick is thinking, "you people are nuts!"

No comments: