Keen's latest post combined with a few things that happened as we played made me think it might be helpful to everyone (myself included) to remind the players of a few things about Styrm. Keep in mind, some of this is stuff the characters might not know yet.
Styrm is a Genius
The player is most certainly NOT, but I try to play Styrm with a Lex Luthor/David Xanatos kind of genius. Brilliant technically, tactically, and financially. The battlesuit he's wearing now, he managed to build while imprisoned in the Zig. With a few upgrades made on the way to the Rogue Isles.
Styrm is Insane
Yeah, that fine line between genius and insanity everyone talks about? David has crossed it a bunch of times. Remember that the reason Team 2.0 went up against him in that giant mech is because his plans had been thwarted too many times. In response? He got into a giant battlemech and tried to smash his way through the War Walls to get at the people who got in his way.
Styrm is Evil
He is charismatic. He is smooth. He has a way with people. But what he really wants is the power and the resources to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants. He will try to eliminate anyone who stands in his way. He can sound very nice... but he's evil to the core.
Styrm has People
Styrm is big on minions. Generally-speaking, he doesn't like to get his hands dirty if he doesn't have to. He has people for that sort of thing. Before now, he rarely took to the field himself if he didn't feel he had to, sending his Nights to do the work for him, leaving him looking much "cleaner". Now that he's a known and wanted criminal and his empire is once again in ruins, he's in the field because he pretty much has to. But he's still going to prefer that his people (that'd be you guys :) ) do a lot of the work.
Styrm is a Father
Thanks to genetic tampering, E and Styrm are both the father of Eve and therefore of the clone. David named the clone "Dawn". E called her "Jennifer". Eve's mother (and therefore, Jen's as well, sorta) is E's ex-wife, the psycho who tried to shoot down an airliner with a bazooka just to kill E.
Styrm has Goals
Now, he's not sharing these with anyone yet, but what Styrm wants right now is to rebuild his own assets and organization, and build his new Nights up to strength. Once he starts to feel confident about those things, his goals include taking Jen back and making E, Frost, Fyre, and Masonry pay for their roles in thwarting him. But that's long-term.
Which is not to say that Styrm won't pop into Pocket D for a drink...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Heh, I just had an image of closing, critical battles between T2 and the new Nights:
Kaen vs. Fyre: Fight Fire with Fire! (it's the name of a bad techno song too. :D) This battle would be, like, explosive :D I imagine a very balanced fight in a destroyed environment - obviously, destroyed by them. ;)
Snow Blaise vs. Keen Frost: Snow can't theoretically hurt Frost, but the opposite is also true. A technical draw? :P
Provo vs. Masonry: battle of maniacs! ( :D )
E vs. Styrm: although psycho powers are probably useless against Styrm's tech (I'm trying to think concept rather than in-game mechanics here), E's minions could bring some balance to it.
These final, specific battles are very common in animes, and when a plot is set, I often find myself thinking on them. ;)
Oh, sure. You and Fyre can fight each other, but Mas & I have to fight ourselves? Thanks. :P
I matched the concepts taking characters into account, not players. It was just an image, though. :)
And hey, E *has* to fight Styrm (or the opposite) eventually, since they're the main targets on this... I think. :)
Nope, sorry, Fyre's got first dibs on Mase. And Masonry would kick Provo's ass in minutes if he got a hold of him.
I was also thinking that instead of making another character of Styrm, why don't you use one of the upcoming costume slots and put him in street clothes so that he can torture Team Angst? We'll ignore the name above his head.
Nope, sorry, Fyre's got first dibs on Mase.
And then E... (talk about twists)
Doing another costume slot in casual would make Styrm a giant human, since heights can't be changed after creation. For the sake of another character slot, I personally wouldn't mind, we can always pretend he's not that tall. :)
Well, firstly, Styrm feels the need to rebuild a bit before he takes the chance of letting his enemies know that he's free and in the Isles. Not that they couldn't find out, but why make it easier for them before he's ready?
Secondly, *I* would have a hard time RPing a "normal" Styrm from EREBOS's 8-foot height. I've got at least 1 character I've been thinking about moving and 1 I might just regretfully delete, so I'll have another open slot when I'm ready to use it.
Besides, "Team Angst" is making enough problems on their own. They don't need Styrm's help. :)
Post a Comment