"...well, run it again!"
"But Dr. Pace... we've run that test twenty times already. The catalyst just isn't working any more. It hasn't for days now!"
"But why, dammit!? How on earth has the condition hit a plateau? Why am I not getting worse and why can't I get better? I want my hearing back, dammit!"
"Dr. Pace... we know, okay? The whole team has been here the entire time. And we've been working on it while you're in the field as well as while you're... um... resting."
"Blacked out, you mean. Speaking in tongues. Delivering prophecies of doom. You can say it, Dr. Nguyen. It's not like I'm... okay, it is like I'm unaware, but you've told me about it. Shown me video and such."
"Yes. And at this point, I think it's pretty safe to say the team knows as much about your condition as you do. Maybe more, even. We're all putting in overtime on this, but there's just no indication as to why you've stabilized or why your condition refuses to respond positively or negatively to anything."
"Well, run the test again."
"...all right, Dr. Pace. Give me your arm, and we'll draw some more blood."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
::looks at the post above sideways::
It's *NOT* my fault. :P
(Maybe you should disable anonymous comments?)
What post above? >:)
Post a Comment