Wednesday, May 30, 2007

On Keen Stronghold

No slight meant, but this is probably going to be a short one. See, Keen joined up with Team 1.0 late and sporadically. And he was quiet. I mean really quiet. He spoke up very rarely and usually just to let us know what he was doing tactically.

In-character, E was always suspicious of Stronghold for several reasons. First of all, quiet people who invent super-powerful devices and dress in strange costumes usually are building an army of killer robots in their basement in order to take over the world.

Secondly, Stronghold doesn't fight. Oh, sure, in addition to those potent and useful force fields of his, he'd occasionally take a long-range shot. But Stronghold seemed to take far more delight in pushing his targets around, knocking them to the ground, and other (to E) non-aggressive tactics. I mean, what's up with that? Shoot somebody, for cryin' out loud!

Thirdly, Stronghold made pushes into what E considered to be his territory. He had devices to heal and clear minds which, granted, came in very handy a number of times, "...but dammit..." E would think, "I'm the healer around here! Get back to your bubbles!"

So E spent a lot of time with one eye on the enemy, one eye on Masonry and Fyre to make sure they were okay... and one suspicious eye on Keen Stronghold. Just in case.

Yes, I know that's three eyes. Hush.

1 comment:

pauloddr said...

Stronghold was my first character to RP with. Since I (the player) am quiet by nature, it'd make sense to make a quiet character so I can... get into it better. It worked, while I studied how I could "evolve" him.

E's totally right about being suspectful on him, because he doesn't talk about himself (unless asked). And he'd rather not get involved in others personal issues, too. He's like that since, well, ever. And he'll probably not change.

About the fighting, there was an IC reason for that. But this reason is no more. The Stronghold of today fights, he has four attacks and the Mass Hypnosis (which device he was granted from the Psi Department of PPD, manufactured under Tony Kord's supervision, and as an OOC comment, I love that power :D). There are some complications into fighting so much though, that step a little into player tactics (when I'm fighting I keep forgetting to recast the shields, for example :P).

The reason he didn't fight before was because 1) I had... one attack with him (Power Blast, the very first attack on the secondary) and it did squat damage. It was a full-support build, with toggles and pool powers all around. 2) his "aggressiveness" had been taken away by a magic spell. He was a cop and after that happened, he wasn't able to hold grip of a simple gun because he was "scared," so he became a Defender with shield powers, a good excuse to save someone without actually shooting somebody and he was okay with that. This story is being written in the Futura Force boards, but I hadn't come to this part yet.

About his half-ass healer job, he likes to be useful. If he sees someone about to drop, regardless if they have a doctor around, he'll spray the holy gel :D E once "shouted" at him about that, but he took it respectfully, not being offended at all. But he had a little trouble fighting the urge to use the healing device... :P

That was a cool insight, I didn't know E suspected about him actually, and there's no way Stronghold knows it too, but he would totally expect it, from anyone, even Mase.