Here is the current build for E2. Being level 42, it's time to either stock up the level 45 SOs or start investing in IOs. I'd especially like to hear Keen's opinion on the matter (especially when it comes to sets that would be useful), but I'm open to any and all suggestions. I tend to choose my powers based on RP and character development, but when it comes to slotting, the math makes my brain hurt.
Here it is:
E.VAC, level 42 Illusion Control/Radiation Emission/Primal Forces Mastery controller
Illusion Control
Blind: 1 accuracy, 2 hold, 2 damage, 1 Calcite (acc/mez)
Spectral Wounds: 1 accuracy, 3 damage
Group Invisibility: 3 recharge, 1 defense buff
Phantom Army: 2 recharge, 1 accuracy, 3 damage
Spectral Terror: 1 accuracy, 2 fear, 1 Nightmare IO (acc/end)
Deceive: 1 accuracy, 1 confuse
Phantasm: 1 accuracy, 3 damage
Radiation Emission
Radiant Aura: 2 recharge, 3 heal
Radiation Infection: 1 to-hit debuff, 1 defense debuff, 1 to-hit debuff IO, 1 Anti-Proton (to-hit & defense debuff/end)
Accelerate Metabolism: 3 recharge, 3 endurance mod
Enervating Field: 1 endurance reduction, 1 endurance reduction IO
Mutation: 1 recharge, 1 endurance mod
Lingering Radiation: 1 accuracy, 1 recharge, 1 endurance reduction IO
Choking Cloud: 3 hold, 1 endurance reduction
EM Pulse: 3 recharge, 1 accuracy, 1 hold
Inherent
Brawl: 1 damage
Surge: 1 run speed
Rest: 1 recharge
Teleportation
Recall Friend: 1 interrupt
Teleport: 1 range
Fitness
Swift: 1 run speed
Health: 2 heal
Stamina: 3 endurance mod
Primal Forces Mastery
Power Blast: 1 accuracy, 3 damage
Saturday, May 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
You have a lot of powers with one/two enhancement and you'll get a good benefit from IOs, because they're better than +3 SOs. IOs are still affected by Enhancement Diversification but you won't hit any cap with one or two slotted. I recommend you slot your most important powers with Lv45 IOs (since you're already 42, but you could as well use Lv40 IOs).
There are some sets I've been playing with. For example, Spectral Terror with 4 slots. Used the Glimpse of the Abyss set. When you use 4 enhancements of the set, you get +9% acurracy to all your powers. The enhancements used were:
End/Fear
Acc/Fear/Rech
Acc/EndRdx
Acc/Rech
And the final bonuses (numbers! *crunchcrunch*):
Acc 60%
End Discount 43%
Recharge 39%
Terrorized 39%
Unfortunately the enhancements have odd combinations and I wasn't able to get a higher value on accuracy, for example. But you can always add an extra slot with an acc IO on it.
With Phantom Army I totally crunched in some duos. I focused on endurance recovery since you said you had a problem with it. Here's the result:
3 sets used:
Commanding Presence (max lv 30)
- Acc/Dam
- Acc/Dam/EndRdx
(set bonus: +1.5% recovery)
Blood Mandate (max lv 53)
- Acc/Dam
- Acc/Dam/EndRdx
(set bonus: +1.5% recovery)
Sovereign Right (max lv 53)
- Acc/Dam
- Acc/Dam/EndRdx
(set bonus: +MezRes Sleep 2.75%)
About the last set, I used it because there wasn't other duo which gives +recovery, and all the other sets were sort of bad (jump bonus, for example). And a very curious fact is that I was able to hit caps using lv30 enhancements, so you don't need to struggle to get the lv50 ones (later on) because the difference will be minimal. I'm guessing, a ~3% difference in the final rates between a lv30 and a lv53 set. They do make a HUGE difference alone, but when ED gets in the way, they look like the same.
Final bonuses on Phantom Army:
Acc 97%
Dam 97%
End Discount 52%
That was just a teasing, though. :) I'm still playing with the sets... some of them are difficult to choose and mix due to the nature of some powers (choking cloud is a hold, but doesn't accept accuracy enhancements and most sets have it).
Accuracy isn't my only concern. I basically want to get maximum benefit out of my powers. If you have suggestions or things that you would do, I want to hear that, too. My slotting skills are very, very basic. :)
You can start by replacing all these ugly SOs by IOs :) Have bids going on the already-crafted enhancements (don't buy the recipes, it'll be a lot more expensive to craft and get the salvage to). The (Radiation) powers where you'll feel a good improvement oveer SOs are:
Radiant Aura (3heal/2rech)
Accelerate Metabolism (3rech/3endmod)
Choking Cloud (2~3endrdx,2~3hold)
As I have no experience with Controller powers (so far), you can slot them normally as you would do with SOs. If you're slotting 3 slots with the same thing, you might want to consider adding an extra type of enhancement.
For example, Phantom Army. If you use 2 (not 3) damage, you'll get a bonus like, 85% (I'm not exactly sure), but then, if you go for 3, your bonus will be capped and it'll be close to 98% I think.
If you slot 3dam/3acc your bonuses will be like:
97% dam, 97% acc
But then, if you want it to recharge faster (I remember Rogue wanted his PA like that), you can go 2dam/2acc/2rech and your bonuses will be something like:
85% dam, 85% acc, 85% recharge
It's just a slighty lowered value to get another benefit (recharge).
I'm taking Phantom Army as an example because among the Sets, there is -no- "recharge" duos for Pet Damage. So you can't have dual-modifier enhancements (one enhancement that does two things like dam/acc) that improve recharge, specifically on Pet Damage set.
But there's an alternative. You can use two duos (4 enhancements) with Pet Damage sets. Pick the Dam/acc or only dam (or only acc) ones (if available) and leave the two last slots for recharge IOs. You'll probably hit a higher bonus in dam/acc (higher than 85%) and your recharge will be 85%.
This morning I've been researching on the CoH boards about how the mez effects work. They say something like: mez protection (the chance of getting the status - toggles dropping) and mez resistance (duration of the inflicted status). And people are saying that there are no sets which improve mez protection, just resistance. That's sort of bad news (for tankers, it's very sad news), but it can work out on controllers who don't rely too much on toggles (I'm guessing only the rad debuffs would suffer on that). They mention "magnitude" and I haven't found the real meaning of that. I'm "guessing" it refers to the duration. But I'm not sure at all. So I've been wondering if these mez resistances on sets are really worth getting. They're probably good when stacked, but that'd take a lot of work (and slots), most of the good resistances come with 4 slots and up, as far as I've been seeing.
I'll work more on the sets and let you know what I find.
Kit tiptoes in and spies on Keen's comments for Synecology's /rad secondary set
Scribbles stuff down furiously.
Leaves a cookie and tiptoes out.
Post a Comment