Okay, I'll play. :)
I do listen to music with an ear toward RP. Most my characters develop theme songs after I've been playing them for a while. Also, since I enjoy singing, I usually think about the vocal ranges my characters have, what kind of music they like/listen to, and whether they perform music themselves. In RL, I almost always have music going through my head, and music definitely helps me focus, decompress, psych myself up, etc.
Here's some musical thoughts for my CoX characters
E-VAC
"Holding Out for a Hero", Frou Frou (yes, this specific version)
Baritone, sings along with the car radio, hums quietly to himself sometimes
listens to: 80s, classic rock, oldies
I hear: "Hold On My Heart", Genesis; "The Saint (theme)", Orbital; "Sally's Song", Danny Elfman, Nightmare Before Christmas
Here at work, I'm having a difficult time clearing my co-workers out of my head to get the songs right. Will edit later.
The Vagabond
"Wherever I May Roam", Metallica
Tenor, sings to himself occasionally, excellent singing voice
listens to: classical music (esp. Baroque), jazz, anything others are listening to
I hear: The list of songs that make me think of Vagz or that I hear while playing Vagz is enormous. Metallica, Phil Collins, Elton John, Billy Joel, Danny Elfman... If you're curious about specific songs, I'll mention a few.
General
*For some reason, CoX combat in general brings the techno Mortal Kombat themes to mind. Doesn't much matter who's fighting. *shrug*
*I'm big on movie scores. Not soundtracks, mind you, but the actual musical score that plays with the movie. Some that I like to have playing while I play City of Heroes include Batman, The Incredibles, The Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Star Wars.
*Villainside, I also like Glen Danzig's Black Aria and Danny Elfman's score for Darkman.
Last edit: 5/31/07, 2:15PM PDT
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment