I love Cimerora. Love, love, love. It's visually awe-inspiring, and I wish parts of the ITF were accessible outside of the TF so I could just go hang out there. If and when my economic stimulus check arrives, it's immediately going to a more powerful video card just so I can turn my graphics settings up even higher.
Unfortunately, I was so wrapped up in the TF and in looking around that I completely forgot to take any screenshots. @#$%. At least I'm planning to do it again. I still want to take Vagabond Blade and Blood Crucible on it. Then make some tweaks to their armors. So there'll be other chances. And if I get the new video card first, then the screenies will be even prettier. :)
I hope everyone had a good time on the ITF, by the way. I know I sure did. And I read every word of what Imperious said, every clue that dropped, and every bit of NPC dialog. I was totally into the plot and eating up every word. Even though it wasn't RP heavy, I was in Vagz' head the entire time, and both of us were in awe.
Speaking of Vagz, I have been having a blast playing him again. He really is my favorite character to RP. He has lots of depth, lots of history, and it's always interesting to play him. He constantly surprises me, though, even after having played him since 1991-ish. Yeah, he's that "old".
What surprises me the most is how he gets along with other characters. Sometimes, I'll think "oh, he'll get along great with this character", and I'll be blown away by how wrong I am. Other times, it's the opposite. Case in point: Lunatrix.
To me, this duo had "DOOM" written all over it. With extra O's, even. Mechanically, I knew it'd be a great match-up, but I thought for sure the characters would take an instant dislike for each other and Fyre and I would spend half our time trying to come up with ways to keep the two together. And I have never been more happy to be wrong.
Don't get me wrong: the characters aren't best buds or anything, and they have big arguments and blow-ups. But it's interesting RP. They have interesting conversations, interesting fights, and it's the kind of RP I've been missing for a bit now.
And with Shields coming Soon(tm), I'm all excited about TankVagz being on the horizon... :)
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment