Tuesday, April 22, 2008

VEAT

I've been contemplating this, and I don't have a solid character concept yet. Mechanically, I think I want to first play either a Wolf Spider into Bane Spider or a male Blood Widow into Night Widow. Since I'll be duoing with Fyre, if she picks one or the other, I'll just go with the one she doesn't pick. :)

Eventually, I think I'd like to try playing a Fortunata, but unlike many others, I'm not keen on the backpack legs/arms of the Crab Spider. They look like bad-asses, but odds are there isn't one in my future.

I have had a couple of seeds of ideas for concept. I'm pretty sure I don't want to be a lockstep, hardcore Arachnos agent. I want a little... wiggle room.

The first stems off of a high-level story arc. Some of the Bane Spiders break free of their conditioning and go a little wild. Not exactly sure where I'd go from there, but that would be the start.

The second idea is based off of a story thread I haven't followed up on yet. One of Cpt. William Piett's mercenary soldiers, Lt. Paul Simon, was nearly killed in an Arachnoid lair and disappeared from an Arachnos hospital. The idea was that Piett and his men could be controlled or coerced by threats to their comrade. Well... what if he was indoctrinated instead? Brainwashed into the legions of Arachnos? Interesting story potential there... maybe.

Since we're still weeks away from "open" beta, I've still got time to come up with a good idea.

No comments: