Monday, April 28, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday, CoH/V!

If you haven't already read it, here's a link to Positron's celebratory letter.

http://www.cityofheroes.com/news/archives/2008/04/a_message_from.html

Most eye-catching to me is that they're looking to allow player-made content. That's right, people will be able to make custom missions, choose the foe, choose the map, even write custom dialog and mission goals.

Now some will be looking to do it for bragging rights or whatever, intending to make missions for other people to run in and rate. Personally, the biggest potential I see is for RP. There've been several times where I've "re-written" a mission to use it for a character's story (Kronos Titan turned into Styrm, for example). When this new feature goes live (yes, I know it'll be "Soon (tm)"), I'll be able to just craft those sorts of missions from scratch myself. Then run through it with the people I want to run through it.

It'll be a thing of beauty. :)

No comments: