Thursday, March 6, 2008

Rest In Peace - Gary Gygax

For those of you who don't know, I'm a role-player from way back. My parents taught me to play Dungeons & Dragons. They still have my very first character sheet, dated 1979 if I remember right. I've played all manner of role-playing games in all sorts of settings, but my first game and the one I love to go back to is D&D.

Gary Gygax, as co-creator of D&D, is largely responsible for the RPG world as I know it. His name was on a lot of my favorite books, both for the game and based on the game. He was kind of a hero, I guess. Someone who made his living off of making games and telling stories.

And now he's gone. And I feel his loss.

An excellent tribute here:
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0536.html


Gary Gygax Memorial Cat
Enter the ICHC online Poker Cats Contest!

No comments: