Fyre-Hex and Cpt. William Piett have finally hit 40 and started up in Grandville. After the last couple levels of nothing but newspaper missions in St. Martial (interrupted at one point by working with Johnny Sonata), it's nice to have new missions, new contacts, and new scenery. And on top of that, Will is my highest-level villain with 'Ware Wolf still languishing at 36.
Now, I've been to Grandville twice before. Both times, I was taking advantage of Hide and Superspeed (it's good to be a stalker) just to be all touristy. Now I'm able to really get in there and explore, and Grandville is amazing, grand, and disturbing. A perfect evil HQ for Arachnos. Lots of people complain about extra lag, but I don't find there to be that much extra. I mean, I notice it, but it's well within tolerable limits. 'Course, I'm missioning in Grandville, not street-sweeping.
Will's already putting together a lengthy list of contacts. I developed a habit in St. Martial of clicking anyone who might be a contact, just to see what they'd say. And I've accidentally picked up a couple contacts that way, including the Rikti delegation standing in Recluse's lobby. Will won't be working with them, so they'll just take up space in the contact list. :)
Things are getting tense for these two. I hesitate to reveal details here yet, but Will's story is basically told and now, it's Fyre's story and Will is guest-starring. I'm loving the RP, and I can't wait to find out what happens next.
Oh, and I'm loving the fact that, after all this time playing "City of...", I'm playing missions I've literally never played before, fighting enemies I've never fought before even. I'm loving it!
Friday, November 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment