Thursday, December 4, 2008

I13 So Far

The night I13 dropped, I was all fired up to make Vagabond Knight (Shield Defense/Fiery Melee Tank). But the patch server wouldn't even let me in. I eventually gave up on it (about my normal bedtime) and just left my computer on so it'd eventually finish downloading without me. It did.

So last night, I got in, loaded up Vagabond Mage (Fire Blast/Electricity Manipulation Blaster) and saved his base costume. Then I went back to the login and deleted my place-holder Vagabond Knight and started a new character. I still had to choose the body type and sliders. Okay, I've got those saved, and I think I can get the height right this time. I get to the costuming screen and click Load.

It won't let me load the costume because options that BlasterVagz has open, TankVagz does not. Bastards. Why couldn't it load up the costume parts that aren't the cape and aura? *grumble*

Okay, so I re-make the costume from scratch. Not that hard.

I'm enjoying my new tank so far. Got to level 6. But I realize I lack experience with the AT and both powersets. So I'm probably going to need to plan ahead so I can figure out what powers I can and need to skip. On top of primary and secondary, I need to fit in 3 Fitness pool powers (Swift, Health, Stamina) and 2 Teleportation (most likely Teleport Foe and Teleport). It'd be nice to fit in Hover, too, but I'll skip it if I have to. I won't be hover-tanking, after all. Just using it to be lazy and magey. :)

Recommendations welcome!

No comments: