I've been having some trouble with insomnia again lately. Waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to go back to sleep. Since I was awake again last night, I fired up the computer and dove into Test's costume creator.
The Brawler was not exaggerating. There are an enormous number of shield options, and they all look fantastic. I tried really hard not to let them inspire character ideas since I'm already contemplating 2-3 shield characters. The real reason I was in there was to see the options and to pick a shield for Vagabond Knight.
Now, I've been playing the character of the Vagabond since 1990. I have a good idea of what he and his stuff looks like in my head. Often, it's hard to make that come out on paper or in a video game, and I end up settling in one way or another. Sometimes it comes out good anyway. Sometimes, not so much.
The shield options are fantastic. Shapes and sizes, colors and textures, patterns and emblems... even if I13 creates City of Shields, there is so much variety that everyone's will look different. And they had the perfect shield for Vagz. Right size, right shape, coloration... it's not perfect to what I've always pictured in my head, but it's damn close. And it looked fantastic in the creator. I'm betting it'll look good in the game, too.
No screenshot. You'll just have to wait to see what it looks like. :)
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment