Monday, July 21, 2008

Double XP Weekend - recap

First off, I've been meaning to post on the VEATs. And I will. Promise. But this isn't that post.

Blood Crucible 44 -> 45
Derick Darklight 23 -> 30 (almost 31)
Sounds of Silence 17 -> 25

So that's 16, almost 17 levels gained in one weekend. And BC gained his level in just the couple hours Fyre and I played Friday night.

I only had one moment where I was unable to get into Virtue, and that's when I signed on a bit early for Altitis Sunday. Ended up logging on Sleetsquall, of all people, dropping a mission, and then logging out... and I was able to get into Virtue. So no sweat. Had some lag, some rubber-banding, and some mapserver issues. Also minor.

The one big beef I had with the weekend was the constant dropping of Global. I've come to expect it on busy weekends and with new issue launches. But realizing that I've come to expect it suddenly ticked me off. This happens every time there's a busy weekend or an issue launch. Why haven't they figured out why it happens and fixed it? Why are some of these bugs/errors/problems/annoyances still issues?

Enh. Anyway. Very productive and fun 2xXP weekend, but I'll be glad to see things settle back to normal. :)

No comments: