First of all, I had intended to post this sooner, but things have been busy here, and I begrudge my time at home, preferring to play instead of blog.
Fyre made excellent points in her blog. If you have not read it, go look. I'll wait.
Done? Good.
I have not played E-VAC/E.VAC in quite some time. I even had him in a coma for a while, specifically to get away from the character. There are good reasons for that and the fact that he's twice level 50 is the least of the reasons. So what are the primary reasons? Well, the first and foremost is very simple: I was tired of the RP in Team 2.0 (aka Team Angst). It had settled into a horrible and annoying little cycle:
Masonry would do something terrible. He'd revel in being evil for a bit. He'd suddenly regret it. He'd tell revised versions of what happened to people who weren't there. Those people would get righteously indignant on his behalf, believing E and Fyre were terrible people for not forgiving Masonry's "minor" faults. Fights and arguments ensued. Quiet descended. The cycle begins again.
When I heard Fyre and I were going to be invited to a Statesman Task Force that involved Masonry and was going to focus on RP, I knew no good would come of it. I don't say this to be mean to any of the players involved, but my first thought was that there was no way I would do it. My four eligible characters would be two versions of E and two versions of Vagz (Vagabond Mage and Vagabond Blade). There's no way E would team with Masonry. As for Vagz, while he tried to meddle and be helpful a while back, he washed his hands of the whole situation with Masonry's "death", even taking back the mace he had crafted special for Masonry.
I was not going to go, and looking back on it, I was not wrong. I should've refused to go in the first place.
Yes, I realize extra people were needed for there to be any hope of getting past even the first mission or two. Yes, I realize there was plot to be advanced and all. Yes, I know the people I normally team with on Sundays would've been there with or without me. Guess what? That's why I ended up going.
But I regret it.
The next time E sees Masonry, it had better be a fight to the death (E's or Masonry's, just so long as it happens). And as has already been guessed, E is none too happy with Frost, either, after hearing he's gone back to Masonry. E understands that Frost has to follow his heart, but in this case, it's a betrayal. Nothing matters more to E than his daughter and Masonry put her in harm's way. Frost is fraternizing with the enemy.
To the players involved in Sunday's TF: please don't try and put these characters together IC again without a strong, definite plan. And even then, talk it over with me first. I will not be willing to go through that again. Ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment